Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Thank You Daddy!"

I thought I'd give Jordan the day off from writing for our blog and share this poem Charly and I wrote for him on his first Father's Day.

Thank you for my dark, thick hair
And caring for it after my bath.


Thank you for loving baseball

And for teaching me the Minnesota Twins starting lineup.


Thank you for holding me high in the air

And serenading me to the Lion King song.


Thank you for sharing your side of the bed

And for comforting me when I feel sad.


Thank you for your wonderful taste in music

And for downloading special playlists just for me.


Thank you for putting together my crib and dresser

And for painting my beautiful birds above my crib.


Thank you for your sweet kisses

And the way your beard feels against my skin.


Thank you for all of the photo shoots and pictures of me

And capturing all my many looks and smiles.


Thank you for your passion for children's literature

And for reading your 5th grade novels out loud to me.


Thank you for your encouragement when I roll over

And for your sweet words when you put me to sleep.


Thank you for your arms that wrap around me

And for cuddling with me while watching television.


Thank you for taking an active role in my life

And for changing, feeding, talking, loving, singing, kissing, playing, and reading to me.


Thank you for being patient, calm, nurturing, and sensitive to my needs.

But most of all thank you for being my daddy and loving me so much!


Happy First Father's Day, Daddy!

Love, Charly (and Mommy, Kelli)

1 comment:

Kali said...

Well done Mrs. H (and Charly)… the near need for a tissue caught me off guard!