Monday, October 17, 2011

A Week of Firsts

What a great week! This sure has been a week of firsts with some unforgettable moments along the way! Listed below are my top ten firsts this week...in no particular order!

10. Charly wore her first real ponytail! The type of pony tail where I can fit all of her hair in a twistie without any of it falling out!

9. I got out my maternity clothes from the orange tote and hung them in my closet. This was the first time I had taken them out and hung them up since Charly was born. I suppose it might soon be time to wear those clothes again at 20 weeks pregnant!

8. I made my first apple crisp. We had plenty of apples from Wisconsin and thought I better put them to good use! After taking 40 minutes to cut up apples, it was rather simple to make. And might I add....quite delicious! Thank you Neeley's for the recipe! I think what made this experience even more great is the fact that our little girl sat on the counter the whole time with me and watched me cook eating slice after slice of apple. Hopefully some day she will enjoy the art of cooking!

7. We began a new tradition at our dinner table, during diaper changings, and hanging out in the living room. All three of us sing the "Oh, Baby, Baby" song...those are the only lyrics we know, but it sure gets Charly laughing and singing and us enjoying the simple joys of singing silly songs! (To do: capture this on video)

6. I had my first pregnant moment of forgetfulness. I was so excited to pick Charly up from daycare on Friday and start our weekend that I forgot something important in the classroom. I grabbed my keys out of my purse, picked up my school bag filled with personal narratives, and headed out my door. I got in the car, picked up Charly, and went to grab my phone to call Jordan on the way home like I do every night, but when I went to grab my phone out of my purse, there was no purse. Did I misplace it in the car? Nope. Did I leave it on top of the car and drive off? Nope. Did I set it down in the parking lot when I went to unlock the car and put my school bag in the car? Nope. Did I bring it into Mel's when I picked up Charly? Nope. Did I leave it at school? But how could I leave it at school if I had my keys? Don't ask me...but that's what I did. We went up to my school on Friday night to look for it and Jordan found it right by my desk. What a relief! My janitor, Rick, told Jordan as he left, "It's only just begun". You are right Rick...I bet I have many more of these moments!

5. Charly wore her first New England Patriots shirt to cheer on Tom Brady against the Cowboys. Charly and daddy looked pretty adorable in their football attire!

4. In my suggestion box in my classroom, I received the first suggestion for baby names from one of my students...Jose for a boy and Charlotte for a girl. I am glad to know my students are using the suggestion box the way I intended it to be used...maybe they just know how difficult it is for me to make a decision!

3. I actually felt the baby kick! He/She has been moving around for weeks, but to feel the first kick was an amazing first for this second baby!

2. For the first time since I have been pregnant, I stayed up past 11:00 on a school night and actually graded writing papers! Hooray for me!

1. We met Baby Henrichs and saw its photogenic self on October 11. The baby was adorable and most importantly we found out it was healthy. More to come on our 20 week ultrasound...words are still hard to describe this amazing experience!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Oh Kelli!! You are beautiful and I can't believe you are 20 weeks already. Whoa. time is flying. (I am sure you are thinking the same thing.) Charly's hair is adorable in her ponytail. I am trying to sneak a week trip home in April...hope to meet new baby Henrichs. Love ya guys xx