Sunday, September 4, 2011

14 Weeks and Loving It!

On June 26, I received the best birthday present I could have ever asked for . . . a positive pregnancy test. I had a feeling I was pregnant but I didn't think we would be blessed to get pregnant so quickly again.

I took the test and waited with Jordan and Charly to find the results. Jordan took Charly into the bathroom to read the results, since I was too nervous to look. Then I looked at his face and that told me everything! The smile, the giddiness, the excitement was enough to tell me that Charly was going to be a big sister! I instantly got tears in my eyes and was so excited to begin this process again. It took a couple of minutes for it to really sink in, and when it finally did, the questions began pouring into my head . . .

Is our house big enough?
Will our house ever be clean and/or organized?
Do we need to move?
Is Charly going to want to share the attention with another baby?
What if the baby is born on Charly's birthday?
What if the baby is born on Leap Day?
Do we need to buy a double stroller?
Will it be even more difficult to bring two children to a restaurant, shopping, or on vacations?
Will I ever be able to run errands with two kids?
Is this baby going to be healthy?
Will Charly have a sister or a brother?
What will we name "it"?
Does that name sound good with "Charly"?
Will I give this baby the same amount of attention I gave Charly?
Will I have enough energy for two babies?
What will bath time look like with two children?
Are we going to be able to fit around our kitchen table?
Should they share birthday parties or each have their own?
Will they like their birthdays being so close together?
Will Jordan and I ever have a social life?
Will we ever sleep again?
Is this baby going to be a better sleeper than Charly?
What parenting techniques will we change with this baby?
Will I have just as much time to cuddle with this baby?
Will this baby even want to be cuddled?
Will this baby be as good natured, happy, and as smart as Charly is?
What will "it" look like?
How much is our life going to change?
Can I still buy new clothes for myself?
How will Elliot handle two babies in the house?
Could we have twins?
What will Charly do when we are in the hospital?
Will Charly and the baby be friends?
Will I be able to give Charly enough attention?
Will I ever get any schoolwork done?

Last Wednesday, Jordan and I went to the doctor's office to hear our baby's heartbeat. I was a little skeptical because when we were pregnant with Charly they could not hear the heartbeat, and we had to have an ultrasound. I told the nurse I was nervous and Jordan explained the situation with Charly. She put the monitor right to my belly and the instant it hit my stomach baby Henrichs' fast and strong heartbeat of 165 was heard loud and clear! I looked at Jordan and he looked at me and any questions or worries I had up until that point went away. Nothing else seemed to matter but this new baby that was growing inside of me. It was the best feeling of calm I could have asked for. Hearing the heartbeat, thinking about our future, made me emotional (the happy kind of emotional) and elated all night. Everything seemed perfect and everything seemed right.

Since high school, Jordan and I have talked and dreamed about having a big family. We love kids and we want to be surrounded by family for the rest of our lives. I am so excited to start this new journey with Jordan and Charly and to add baby number two to our amazing family.

3 comments:

Kali said...

Luckily, neither or your children will care how big your house is, what their parents are wearing or even if they share a birthday part because all they'll really want (and need) is the love you will give them. Congrats! I'm callin another girl!

Traci said...

Congrats!!! I'm sure by now I'm probably the last to know! Love reading your blog and catching up with you guys! Charly is so adorable, I'm sure she will be a great big sister! Best of luck with everything in the coming months! I'm so happy for you!!!

Traci said...

p.s. you're going to need a new title for your blog!!!