Saturday, March 20, 2010

My First Month

Hi! My name is Charly. Today I am one month old. I think I've already accomplished quite a bit in my life.

1. I'm a really good sleeper. I'll sleep anywhere, but I prefer to sleep in people's arms. I'm Mommy and Daddy's first baby and I would like to have some brothers and sisters, so I knew how important it was to ease them into their new roles as "parents".

2. I can hold my head up . . . all by myself! I did this on my second day already! I know, I'm pretty strong.

3. I'm a good eater. There were some rough patches in the beginning, but I quickly graduated from 2 ounces to 4 ounces. I'm getting bigger and stronger every day!

4. At 3 weeks old, I rolled over for the first time! Mommy and Daddy were so excited that the UNI Panthers had just reached their first ever Sweet 16, I don't think they noticed that Aunt Ashley actually helped me!

5. I went to my first birthday party. My cousin Griffin turned one year old. I don't really know what he got for presents because I slept the entire time. Mommy and Daddy told me that Griffin made quite a mess of himself eating his cake!

Some of my favorite things to do are:

1. Listen to Mommy tell me the story of the day I was born. I never make it through the whole story without falling asleep in her arms.

2. Listen to Mommy sing to me. Some of my favorite songs are Amazing Grace, Jesus Loves Me, and Poker Face! Daddy has good taste in music too. His iTunes playlist lulls me to sleep at night and he loves to lift me above his head and sing the Lion King song to me!

3. Going out to eat. I'm only one month old but I've been to 5 different restaurants! Old Chicago, Hong Kong, Applebees, Pump Haus, and mom and dad's favorite Mulligans.

4. Take rides in the car. My car seat straps are a little tight, or so Mommy and Daddy sometimes think. But boy, the second I'm buckled in, I'm out like a light!

5. Baths! I wasn't quite sure about them at first but now . . . how refreshing! Daddy does such a good job brushing my hair afterward too.

6. Watching TV. 24 is my favorite show. Jack Bauer makes me feel so safe.

7. Going to parties in MY honor! Aunt Ashley went above and beyond and threw me the most incredible baby shower. I could get used to all that pink, pampering, and polka dots!

Some things I don't like are:

1. Sitting still.

2. Burping.

3. Pooping (It's embarrassing. For some reason, I can't help but sound like Serena Williams every time I fill a diaper!)

And . . .

4. Headbands.

For the most part, I'm a pretty laid back baby. Life is good.

2 comments:

Kali said...

The pictures are pretty frickin' adorable. My favorite is the frog towel and her expression with the head band on. She's like, "Seriously? Take it off." Now, I want to see a photo of Dad changing a few more diapers! Happy 1 month Miss Charly! Despite your parents, you're a stud. :)

Staci said...

come on Charly...embrace the headbands!! :)