Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nesting

Someone at school told me that I'd know when Kelli's about to "pop" when she wants everything to be clean. Last weekend she said to me "I want the rug vacuumed this weekend and it's gonna get vacuumed next weekend too . . . whether it needs it or not!" I think Baby Henrichs is on it's way . . .

. . . but we're not quite ready!

We've taken little steps along the way, like purchasing and assembling the crib (piece of cake) and a dresser (236 pieces and 4 hours in the making). But as you can see, we had some serious "nesting" to do before our bundle of joy is brought into this world.

You know the scene in movies where the girlfriend tosses all the ex-boyfriend's belongings out the window and into the yard . . . well Kelli got tired of me "promising" to empty my closet in the baby's room and took matters into her own hands. She worked her tail off and little by little, our baby's nursery is starting to take shape. Or at least, it's dresser drawers are stocked and we can see the beautiful wood floor again.

Kelli found room for all my stuff in her closet and while I put together a motorized swing, she even took her hand at using a screwdriver and putting together a vibrating chair for the baby (under the watchful eye of Elliot).

Now I wasn't a total loaf . . . last weekend while Kelli worked hard to finish her students' conference reports, I cleaned and organized the kitchen and basement. Today while she "nested", I took advantage of the snow day and worked on my students' conference reports. As far as school is concerned, I think we're both prepared, and getting a little anxious!

I don't know if the "nest" is complete, but a friend told us that as long as we have diapers and a place for the baby to sleep, we're as prepared as we can be. Everything else will come. Well, we have plenty of diapers and even a bassinet, so I guess we're ready to go!

If only we can get Elliot out of the bassinet!

1 comment:

Kali said...

Love it! Elliot has gotten to be a big girl!